Jump to Navigation

Juvenile Crimes

Protecting Your Child's Rights

As a parent of a child facing a criminal charge, not only do you want to make sure that your son or daughter has the right defense and protections within the criminal system, but you need to understand that you can potentially be held responsible for damages and restitution.

At the office of Edward F. Gonciarz Attorney & Counselor at Law in Henderson, Nevada, my entire staff and I work with juveniles and families in a wide range of cases. I get involved with your juvenile crime case, give your family the attention you need and work to negotiate and fight to protect your child's rights and future. With more than 20 years of proven experience in and out of the courtroom, I will fight for you and your kids.

Handling all Nevada Juvenile Crimes Cases

Many parents and minors are under the mistaken impression that a juvenile arrest is something that will eventually go away when the accused reaches adulthood. It is important to understand immediately that a juvenile arrest and conviction can have an impact for decades to come.

There is no guarantee that trouble today won't create difficulties for years to come with employment, school or home loans and any future interactions with law enforcement. I handle a complete range of criminal matters, including juvenile crimes such as:

  • DUI
  • Underage drinking
  • Prescription drug charges
  • Zero tolerance and school violence
  • Vandalism
  • Sex crimes
  • Theft and shoplifting
  • Weapons charges

As a parent it is important to realize that if your son or daughter is convicted of a crime involving property damage or personal injury, you can be held responsible for restitution. While a school fight may not seem like a particularly big deal, if there are medical expenses involved you need to consult with a lawyer about your case and your liability.

Hire an Experienced Juvenile Crimes Attorney

The juvenile criminal and justice system has some important differences from its adult counterpart. When looking for a lawyer to take on your child's case, make sure you hire representation that is highly familiar with the juvenile court distinctions.

My office provides the knowledge, record and ability to handle a wide range of juvenile cases. Call us today at 702-997-8030 or reach us online to set up an initial consultation.